We’re looking for an all-round comms live wire to work with us across all elements of our internal and external communications.
Our small but busy communications team works across the full comms mix, from keeping our internal teams informed and engaged, through to building our reputation and supporting our wider business objectives across the full range of external channels.
The Communications Co-ordinator will support the Director of Communications and Director of External Affairs, as well as having their own projects to own and develop. You will help make sure our internal and external communications are aligned, and generally help us maintain and develop the quality and quantity of our comms output. This role will, therefore, suit someone keen to get actively involved – and grow their skills – in a wide variety of comms activities.
This is a new role, reporting to the Director of Communications. We are currently working flexibly, but you will be based at our office in Gray’s Inn Road, London, and the nature of the role means that as we increasingly return to the office as a company, it will be helpful for you to come into the office regularly (at least 2-3 days per week).
Responsibilities include supporting (and sometimes leading) on:
- Social media updates and monitoring (multiple platforms)
- Updating our intranet (called Ada)
- Sending out our monthly e-newsletter
- Content creation & publishing (some copywriting); we produce a range of written, video and audio content
- Media coverage monitoring
- Updating media lists
- News gathering from colleagues
- Support with internal event planning / initiatives
- External event organisation
- Website admin and updates
- Creating and managing a media library
About you. You will:
- Be actively interested in how effective communications work, and want to develop your understanding and skills in this area
- Be ready to bring and share your ideas
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have experience of creating, gathering and adjusting content for a wide variety of audiences and channels
- Have experience, and a good understanding, of social media for professional purposes
- Be an excellent writer and editor, with attention to detail, grammar and style
- Have an interest in visual communication and good eye for design. Ideally, you can use InDesign (or we can give you training in that)
- Have experience (ideally) of working in an integrated in-house communications function, on both internal and external communications
- Have experience of the full range of digital channels, including (ideally) updating websites and Intranets
- Have some experience of working with agencies and third-party suppliers on eg video commissioning and development, or printed materials
- Be able (and willing!) to engage actively with colleagues at all levels, both virtually and face to face
- Be able to work independently
- Have experience of working within a defined brand
About us. We will:
- Involve you as an integral part of the team, whose opinions and ideas are welcomed and valued
- Support you in your personal and professional development at Bryden Wood
Pay you competitively (starting salary up to £31k depending on experience) and provide a range of further benefits (see here for details)
- Prioritise your personal wellbeing
- Make sure you have the tools and time you need to do the job we ask you to do.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.