Reporting to Senior Engineers, you will assist in project delivery by taking responsibility for specific areas of the design development, ensuring a good standard of engineering in accordance with our standards and procedures.
You will be a strong team player, and be able to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently.
- Interpret the client's requirements, statutory obligations and design the building services wherever appropriate
- Design all appropriate services from concept to completion
- Support Senior Engineers in the design of projects
- Maintain and produce designs which comply with the relevant regulations, company procedures and company standards
- Prepare detailed specifications, schedules and bills where required to support Senior Engineers
- Facilitate liaison of drawing production with the project team
- Produce drawing programmes, schedules and design checklists
- Ensure that design work is checked and receive feedback from the Senior Engineers
- Ensure that the information that is issued to tender is accurate and well defined
- Awareness of the company’s business plan and objectives
- Understand our company culture and core values.
- Deliver the Client’s objectives
- Provide project support in design and administration to Senior Engineers.
- Deliver appropriate services as a member of a multi skilled team.
- Able to work with all areas of the firm and communicate effectively cross functionally
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Personable, approachable and flexible.
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free rest day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Cycle to work scheme
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required.