This is a great time to join us. We’re growing, and working across complex, challenging, innovative and exciting projects, in a wide range of sectors. We are particularly focused on data centres, healthcare, labs and pharma, all underpinned by our DfMA approach. Bryden Wood offers you the opportunity to work closely with other disciplines, and gain exposure to leading-edge technologies. With excellent prospects, this is a job that will encourage you to develop your skills and expertise in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
About the role
The Senior Engineer reports to Principal Engineers, Associate Director(s) or Director(s). You will be responsible for operational delivery of projects and ensuring a high standard of engineering in accordance with Bryden Wood standards and procedures.
Technical / quality / engineering / projects:
- Manage and co-ordinate projects to meet all deadlines required.
- Undertake engineering activities as required and where appropriate act as Design Team Leader.
- Implement and comply with quality management plans to support and contribute to the company’s long term strategy.
- Inform, communicate and promote the standards created and required within our internal quality management systems.
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects.
- Act as Job Runner when required.
- Support the company management by taking on duties as agreed with the Associate/Associate Director or Director and by providing any reports required.
- Work closely with other members of the Team in sharing information including knowledge, strategies and successes.
- Input into project programmes to allow senior staff to resource projects adequately.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects under the direction of senior staff.
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development.
- Liaise with internal and external members of the design team, clients and other third parties.
- Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and business and organisational development.
- Organise design team working meetings as required to maintain project delivery and to aid interdisciplinary communication.
- Appropriate administration, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- Understand the basis of the fee for the project.
- Advise on any duties over and above the agreed fee basis on projects that you are involved in.
- Maintain regular contact with existing Clients and build on existing relationships in conjunction with business development.
- Ensure client satisfaction to secure future repeat business.
- Able to work with all areas of the company and effectively communicate cross functionally.
- A team player, a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently.
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector of clients and projects.
- Experience of running teams and projects.
- Experience of line management and developing more junior team members.
- Well-developed engineering skills.
- Able to understand and formulate design decisions.
- Familiar with BIM.
- Revit user.
- Good understanding of all appropriate technical software applications.
- Good understanding of our industry and a desire to make a positive contribution to it.
- Good knowledge of sustainability and building physics.
- Interested in MMC and DfMA.
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills.
- Integrity and demonstrable commitment to excellent service.
- Self-starter, able to work to deadlines.
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving.
- Personable, approachable and flexible.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.