We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable Civil CAD Technologist to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of our central London office. You will be part of a growing team within a company at the forefront of innovation in the construction industry.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to use AutoCAD and Civil 3D and a general understanding of civil engineering principles. Experience using Revit, Dynamo, programming and familiarity with BIM are desirable but not essential, although an active interest in learning is required.
Essential technical skills:
- Excellent ability to use Autodesk AutoCAD and Civil 3D, and familiarity with all features of the software required in the drawing of civil elements.
- Good experience drawing civil items including: below ground drainage, external works, roads, ground works and below ground utilities; and an appreciation of the technical design requirements.
- Highly organised systematic approach to drawing; including the naming of layers, positioning of models, and a rigorous approach to standardised aesthetics.
- Ability to think in three dimensions and make judgements on coordination without relying on engineering input.
- Ability to take the initiative in developing quality systems to ensure that information produced to a consistently high standard.
- A proactive approach to coordination of interfaces with other disciplines.
- Experience preparing S104 (sewer adoption) and S278 (works to existing highways) drawings.
Essential other skills:
- Proactive approach to responsibilities and enthusiasm for high quality design and design production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of colleagues within the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or to self-motivate when working more independently.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time effectively to deliver information at agreed dates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Experience using Autodesk Revit, Dynamo and programming desirable but not essential, an open mind and enthusiasm to learn is expected.
- Some familiarity with BIM and related processes is a strong plus, as all information production will be compliant with ISO 19650 (formerly PAS and BS 1192) and the internal Bryden Wood BIM standards.
- Familiarity with working with IFC, COBie and Uniclass.
Experience and Education:
Appropriate level of experience working in a design office, predominantly performing the role of a Civil CAD Technologist using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Contract based on a 37.5 hour week
- Industry competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
For more info about working at Bryden Wood, go here.