We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable engineer to join our exciting and fast-paced design team at Bryden Wood.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and modelling civil systems by working collaboratively with the many other disciplines at Bryden Wood.
You will be expected to be able to successfully manage and produce designs independently for simple projects, and under supervision for complex projects.
Locations: London (UK), Barcelona (Spain), Milan (Italy), Athens (Greece), Iasi (Romania), Melbourne (Australia), or Singapore
- Good level of civil design capability including levels, underground drainage, utilities, pavements and roads, flooding, and earthworks. The successful candidate will need to be able carry out most of this design autonomously for small building sites and work under supervision for medium sized projects.
- Experience engaging with and achieving approvals from Building Control, environment agencies, planning departments, statutory undertakers, and other relevant authorities.
- Experience with approval processes sewer connections and adoptions, and works in the public highway. Ideally familiarity with UK specific S104, S106 S278 applications.
- Good knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations. Ideally familiarity with Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations.
- Proficiency in (and enthusiasm for) design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and hydraulic modelling software such as MicroDrainage
- A good understanding of BIM required. Knowledge of Revit beneficial but not necessary, if the candidate does not have experience with Revit, a willingness to learn is essential.
- Enthusiasm to innovate the construction industry to improve sustainability, health and safety, and productivity.
- Genuine enthusiasm for engineering design and modelling.
- Willingness to work within a fast-paced collaborative design environment.
- Highly effective problem-solver who takes an organised and systematic approach to solving design problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects.
- Able to lead engagements with stakeholders including local councils, Building Control, the Environment Agency and utility providers.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office suite programmes (including Outlook, Word and Excel).
Experience and education:
- Relevant experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry with exposure to a variety of project sizes, stages and industrious, this typically takes 2 - 5 years to achieve.
- Have a relevant Civil Engineering degree from a recognised institution (Master’s preferred but not essential).
- Currently progressing towards chartership with the Institution of Civil Engineers or an equivalent institution.
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- ICE accredited Training and Development Scheme and dedicated mentor for chartership aspirations
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable). Note, this is only available in certain locations.
- Industry competitive salary.
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%). Note, this is only available in certain locations.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.