We're looking for an ambitious and highly capable senior engineer to join our exciting and fast-paced design team.
The ideal candidate would be a good ‘all-rounder’ with a strong civil engineering background, and also an interest in emerging technologies, including BIM.
- Strong level of civil design capability including underground drainage, pavements and roads, flooding and earthworks. The successful candidate will need to be able carry out most of this design autonomously for medium-sized building sites and work under supervision for larger projects
- Proficiency in (and enthusiasm for) design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and hydraulic modelling software such as MicroDrainage
- Experience with Building Control submissions for underground drainage and liaison with Environment Agency (EA), Planning Departments and other agencies including local councils and local planning authorities
- Experience with approval processes for S104/106 sewer adoption/connections and S278 works in the public highway
- Knowledge of BIM and Revit programming is beneficial but not necessary. A willingness to learn is essential
- Detailed knowledge of UK design codes and standards including Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of structural design including foundations, concrete, and steel for all kinds of structures.
- Demonstrable experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry with exposure to a variety of project sizes, stages and industrious, this typically takes 4 - 6 years to achieve
- Have a relevant Civil Engineering degree from a recognised institution (Master’s preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- Enthusiastic about innovating within the construction industry to improve sustainability, health and safety, and productivity
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers or currently progressing towards chartership.
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- ICE accredited Training and Development Scheme and dedicated mentor for chartership aspirations
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Contract based on a 37.5 hour week
- Industry competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)