We're looking for a Senior Revit Technician to join our growing team in Milan.
You will have the opportunity to work on some fantastic projects throughout the world (Europe, Asia, Middle East, USA) in sectors including: healthcare, data centres, residential, mixed use development, pharmaceutical.
Benefits of working with us include our new 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free day every fortnight with no change to salary).
- Experience of leading projects and managing a small group of technicians to produce models and drawing packages from concept to completion, making sure the models, drawings and other outputs are aligned with required standards.
- Creation of complex parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
- Experience of working with templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedule, 3D rebar and rebar schedule
- Experience working with internal and external information from a coordination point of view, and of working with live Architectural and MEP linked models
- Experience of working with coordination review tools such as Navisworks, Solibri, Tekla BIMsight
- Experience of Clash Detection, and 4D BIM Scheduling
- Experience and clear understanding of Projects Geolocation Setting out, implementation and use of shared coordinates, publishing coordinates, managing site models, etc
- Knowledge of working with IFC file formats and COBie standards
- Knowledge of NBS standards is an advantage
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD. Experience with Dynamo, Grasshopper etc. is an advantage
- A will to develop an understanding of other disciplines for coordination is a requirement. Some previous experience is an advantage
- Experience in other modelling software such as Solidworks, Tekla, Allplan, Civils 3D etc. is an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience in fabrication (e.g. steel, precast etc.) or DfMA would be an advantage
- A relevant level of experience in Autodesk Revit gathered from a variety of design/construction projects
- Relevant experience of working in the Italian market.
The role will also include:
- Working with Engineers and liaising with internal and external project team to produce structural information modelling and drawing production on projects
- Producing the assigned packages and planning your own work and the necessary resources to meet deadlines
- Creating schedules for quantities and producing construction sequences
- Working with project teams to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows, BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and data management
- Ensuring a Project’s BEP is up to date with all projects changes prior issuing the BIM models
- Carrying out model auditing to ensure all models comply with Bryden Wood standards/project requirements
- Maintaining project-specific library of families and develop new families as required along with other project-specific contents
- Assisting the BIM Manager and BIM coordinators with BIM-related tasks
- Assisting in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to deliver projects successfully
- Mentoring and providing support for junior and intermediate BIM technicians
- An interest, and self-motivation, to study and learn
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills in Italian, both written and spoken
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative, with a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Flexible attitude.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be exhaustive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required.