We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the growing Civil and Structural team in our London office.
The role requires close management and guidance of graduate and intermediate engineers together with reporting to senior members of staff and liaison with other colleagues within the multi-disciplinary environment. The candidates are expected to have gained good client clients facing skill and have a proven record of delivering projects from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with good communication skills, experienced operating at a senior engineer position. The candidate should have appropriate level of experience and be chartered or working towards chartered status with the ICE or the IStructE.
- Strong technical design capability with all the usual structural materials
- Experience working with Eurocodes
- Ability to plan and coordinate work to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and program resource requirements to achieve project delivery on time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with a technical and non-technical audience
- Knowledge of project financial controls, monitoring and reporting
- Proven experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector and projects
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project Design Risk Assessments to identify both CDM and Project risks and the role of the Designer under CDM 2015
- Experience in running project design teams
- Good cross disciplinary knowledge
- Ability to build strong relationships with the internal teams with a view to working collaboratively
- Excellent engineering knowledge and attention to detail
- Experienced in QA/IMS procedures
- Implement company policy and contribute to continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and management of staff and ensure effective communication accross grades
- Understanding in market trends and developments
- Development and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- A good understanding of the principles of BIM.
- Knowledge of Revit Structure beneficial but not necessary
- Experienced with using design software such as Autodesk Robot, Tekla Structural Designer or ETABS beneficial but not necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
- Adaptable and innovative approach
Experience and educational background:
- Demonstrable experience of working on a substantial range of projects at a relevant level in either a design office or within the construction industry, including significant experience in the UK
- A relevant Civil/Structural Engineering degree, Master’s desired but not essential
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers/Institute of Structural Engineers or close to achieving chartership
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.
No agencies or recruiters please.