We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable Structural Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of our office in Milan (international experience will be an advantage).
We are looking for candidates with a sound technical background and experience designing steel and concrete structures, as well as foundations and retaining systems.
The ideal candidate would be a good 'all-rounder' with interest in emerging technologies including BIM.
Our projects often involve special bespoke solutions and development of full new building systems.
Experience with special solutions in prefabrication is a big advantage but at least an open mind for unusual solutions and willingness to learn are a must.
Bryden Wood's ambition is to advance the built environment, through design innovation and construction methods, and has been at the heart of our ethos. Our talented team brings together architects, engineers and product designers, together with BIM modellers, building analysts and mathematical modellers at our offices.
Bryden Wood is involved in following sectors: aviation, leisure facilities, residential, mixed use development, pharmaceutical and UK government projects.
If you are ready for a challenge, we would be delighted to receive your application.
- Proficient with MEF software, preferably ROBOT and ETABS.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Eurocodes, British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant International Design standards
- Excellent communications skills in English both written and verbal
- Experience designing steel and concrete structures
- Experience designing foundations
- Knowledge of BIM packages
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Demonstrable experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry with exposure to a variety of project sizes, stages and industries, this typically takes 3 years to achieve.
- Have a relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution. Master's preferred but not essential.
- Enthusiastic about innovating within the construction industry to improve sustainability, health and safety, and productivity
- Highly effective and efficient problem-solver who takes an organised and systematic approach to solving design problems
- Genuine enthusiasm for engineering design and modelling
- Willing to work within a challenging design environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with a wide range of professionals, at any level internal and external to the company
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
What do we offer?
- Working with exceptional Engineers, Architects and BIM technologists.
- Getting involved on high profile and interesting international projects.
- Competitive salary package
- Hybrid working – from home and office
- Regular performance reviews to help career progression
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free rest day every fortnight with no change to salary).
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.