We are looking to recruit a Structural Revit technician; a proactive person with a good eye for drawings, models and aesthetics; someone who wants to learn and keep up with developments in software and technology.
The ideal candidate will have worked on concrete and steel projects in the construction stage and produced a high level of model definition. You should have a degree in Structure or Architecture with an appropriate level of experience of using Autodesk Revit 2016 or above on design/construction projects.
- Maintain project-specific library of families and develop new families as required along with other project-specific contents
- Create schedules for quantities and produce construction sequences
- Carry out model auditing to make sure all models complie with Bryden Wood/project requirements
- Ensure project BEP is up to date with all project changes before issuing the BIM models
- Help the BIM Manager and BIM coordinators with BIM-related tasks
- Work with project teams to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows, BIM Execution Plans and data management
- Work with Engineers and liaise with internal and external project teams to produce structural information modelling and drawing production on projects
- Take responsibility for the production and delivery of structural information for specific areas of the design and project development
- Help in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to deliver projects successfully
- Prepare and develop structural drawings, BIM models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Have a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, Bryden Wood procedures and BIM standards.
- Good and efficient Autodesk Revit modelling skills driven by a good understanding of structures, especially steel and concrete
- Good understanding of structural details, ideally with experience in fabrication detailing and reinforcement detailing
- Good understanding and creation of complex parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
- Good understanding and experience of working with templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedule, 3D rebar and rebar schedule
- Use or understanding of NBS standards
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with IFC file formats and COBie standards
- Experience and clear understanding of Projects Geolocation Setting out, implementation and use of shared coordinates, publishing coordinates, managing site models, etc
- Experience of working with internal and external information from a coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Architectural and MEP linked models
- Experience of working with coordination review tools such as Navisworks, Solibri, Tekla BIMsight
- Knowledge of Clash Detection, and 4D BIM Scheduling
- Knowledge of Dynamo and Grasshopper
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD.
- Experience of working in a project coordination role for design systems
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Resilience in coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Flexible attitude
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.