Bryden Wood London is looking for an Office Administrator to join our international, dynamic design office in central London. Bryden Wood is an international company of architects, engineers, creative technologists, designers, and analysts. We are shaping the future of construction by bringing integrated expertise, innovation, open minds and creativity to unravel the most complex problems and create exceptional, sustainable design solutions – all for a better built environment. We employ 300 people and also have offices in:, Athens, Barcelona, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, St Albans, Singapore, and Sydney.
The focus of the role will include facilities management, Health and Safety, administrative tasks, and supporting reception in front of house management. The position will form part of our administration team, reporting to our HR Operations and Administrative Manager.
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, cleaning, catering, and so on.
- Organising suppliers including cleaning, maintenance, and security.
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained.
- Corporate Health and Safety administration (Legal and ISO Compliance, DSE and follow up actions).
- Managing health and safety as well as fire regulations within the office.
- General Office H&S – maintaining training records, scheduling training sessions, Desk Risk Assessments.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
- Reception duties, including answering incoming calls and scheduling appointments.
- Organising and booking meetings and managing databases.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Filing and archiving.
- Answering general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
- Following up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate
- Providing administrative support to others as needed.
- Relevant, recent experience in this role.
- Familiar in working in a busy live office environment.
- Relevant IT skills, including MS office suite.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous experience working in a design office.
- H&S and First Aid training.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Relevant design office experience and qualifications, not specifically related to this role - ie desktop publishing, bid support.
- Well organised and disciplined, able to stay focused when under pressure.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Flexible and proactive.
- Punctual and professional.
- Able to liaise with senior management and the wider office.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Solution-based approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to work with no supervision and on own initiative.
Bryden Wood offers a variety of company benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme matched up to 5% of your salary.
- Private healthcare insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Wellbeing programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 9 Day Fortnight Policy
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.