We look for highly motivated people who enjoy challenging themselves, and others. We are a highly integrated team, working together across sectors, disciplines and geographies. We value ideas and innovation.
We work with openness and collaboration – both within the company and with our clients.
Reporting to more senior level engineers, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of projects in your team in accordance with our standards and procedures.
You will be a strong team player with good communication skills, able to liaise effectively with all members of the internal design team to assist in the delivery of a project by contributing to specific areas under the guidance of the senior engineering team.
You will develop a good understanding of our culture and core values, along with an awareness of the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Develop general understanding of BREEAM with specific understanding in relation to your discipline for BREEAM
- Understand and assist with the process of Building Physics calculations including:
- Dynamic Thermal Simulation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Daylight modeling and calculations
- Develop an understanding of Low and Zero Carbon Technologies and their applicability
- Ability to understand a project’s programme
- Appreciation and understanding of ISO14001 and ISO9001
- An understanding of the reading of drawings.
- Using specialist modelling software and other available resources to design systems required for the projects.
- An understanding of, and experience in, producing calculations both manually and computerised using the appropriate technical software applications
- An awareness of relevant Standards, when to refer to these and where to find them
- An awareness of Health & Safety in the construction industry and their purpose to gain CSCS Construction Operative skills card to allow site access
- Accompanied site visits as and when appropriate to further understanding of design production
- Maintain a well-documented project, including calculation files and project correspondence
- Ability to understand a project programme.
Contractor placement (where appropriate):
- This will be to follow through and see the installation of a project that you have been involved with from conception, to gain a greater understanding of the installation programme requirements, sequencing and the significance of these.
- Learn about site co-ordination and the significance/impact from good and bad design.
- Understand the role of the contractor and their interfaces with Bryden Wood and other professionals and trades.
- Able to work with all areas of the firm and to develop effective cross functional communication
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Personable, approachable and flexible.
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.
When submitting your CV, please note:
- No generic CV’s, please. You should include a short covering statement referencing the building services industry and this role at Bryden Wood.
- Please highlight any relevant experience.
- Please detail relevant degrees, or include a statement on why your education makes you appropriate for this role.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required