Reporting to Principal Engineers or Associate Director(s) or Director(s), you will be responsible for the operational delivery of projects, and ensuring a high standard of engineering in accordance with our standards and procedures.
You should be a strong team player, and a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently. You will develop a full understanding of the company culture, our business plans and objectives.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects to meet all required deadlines.
- Undertake engineering activities as required and where appropriate act as Design Team Leader.
- Implement and comply with quality management plans to support and contribute to the firm’s long-term strategy.
- Inform, communicate and promote the standards required within our internal quality management systems.
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects.
- Act as Job Runner when required.
- Support the Company management by taking on duties as agreed with the Associate/Associate Director or Director and provide any reports requested.
- Work closely with other members of the Team in sharing information including knowledge, strategies and successes.
- Appropriate administration, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- Input into project programmes to allow senior colleagues to resource projects adequately.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects under the direction of senior colleagues.
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development.
- Understand the basis of the fee for the project
- Advise on any duties over and above the agreed fee basis on projects that you are involved in.
- Maintain regular contact with existing Clients and build on existing relationships in conjunction with business development
- Ensure client satisfaction to secure repeat business.
We care about you and want you to perform at your best. At Bryden Wood you will have access to a wide range of opportunities to become a better version of yourself.
- Able to work with all areas of the firm and effectively communicate cross functionally
- Well-developed engineering skills.
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions.
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector of clients and projects.
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills.
- Integrity and commitment to service.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving.
- Personable, approachable and flexible.
- Good understanding of all appropriate technical software applications.
- Client focused to generate satisfaction and repeat business.
- Good understanding of our industry.
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free rest day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Cycle to work scheme
Please see here for more info about the benefits of working at Bryden Wood.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. We may require you to carry out additional duties within the company, so a flexible working approach is necessary.