You can download our façade engineering brochure here.
Bryden Wood is a wide-ranging company with expertise and experience across sectors and specialisms.
In our work on façade engineering, we apply the principles of our pioneering work in technology and design for manufacture and assembly, to bring a wide range of benefits to our construction partners, and to clients.
Projects such as the landmark Edinburgh St James Centre demonstrate Bryden Wood’s capability in providing specialist façade design and detailing services. The St James Centre is a project which uses a natural stone façade. We are providing structural engineering design for all precast panels including the design of bracket connections as well as all stone design and detailing (partly handset and partly panelised). We have led the interface detailing between the different façade packages and have carried out all the façade performance engineering and detailing, including: structural, thermal and condensation risk, waterproofing, air tightness, fire and acoustics.
We work with:
- main contractors who are interested in innovation and exploring the benefits of alternative construction systems or DfMA conversions; and looking to de-risk certain packages, eg facades
- Specialist subcontractors for facades, M&E prefabrication etc. particularly on complex projects
- Fabricators and suppliers of precast, GRC, GRG etc.
- Clients who understand the benefits of special or modern methods of construction and want to guide their contractors to adopt them; especially clients with geometrically complex projects who want early proactive input to make sure that architectural ambition can be made practically deliverable for their contractors
The key benefits we bring to contractors and projects are:
- Adjust role to fit actual project needs (integration and gap filling)
- Integrated detailing and performance design (useful version of 'façade engineering')
- Focus on fabrication and construction
- 'Architectural standardisation'
- BIM link to factories and supply chain
- Realistic Value-Engineering Summary
- Reduced subcontractor risk and reduced packages costs
- Reduced and simplified subcontractor detailing
- De-risk main contractor with and allow more efficient procurement
- Reduced programme from integration and BIM to logistics & machine design
For more information on our Façade Engineering please see our brochure, or to discuss how we can add value to your project, please contact us directly.